In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites which provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently with expanded links to new sources of information!
- American Veterinary Medical Association The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), established in 1863, is a not-for-profit association representing more than 78,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. Structured to work for its members, the AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession. This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics and subjects in Veterinary Medicine.
Association Of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
The Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) represents all 32 veterinary medical colleges in the United States and Canada, nine departments of veterinary science, seven departments of comparative medicine, three veterinary medical education institutions, and six international colleges of veterinary medicine in its collective dealings with governmental bodies, veterinary medical organizations, the animal and human health industry, educational and scientific organizations and the public.
- National Animal Poison Control Center
The ASPCA's National Animal Poison Control Center is one of the best resources for any animal poison-related emergency and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This is the consultation service we utilize when our patients are exposed to toxins / poisons to receive accurate and up to date information for rapid treatment therapies.
- American Heartworm Society
The American Heartwom Society is the authority on Heartworms, Heartworm Prevention and Heartworm Treatment.
Specialty Referral Practices and Emergency Practices
- BluePearl Specialty - North Raleigh / Durham / Cary
- BluePearl (the new name for the former Veterinary Specialty Hospitals of the Carolinas) is a 24 Hour Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Referral Practice. They now have three locations - the original in Cary and separate stand alone facilities in North Raleigh and Durham.
- Animal Eye Care
Animal Eye Care is a private practice Ophthalmology Specialty Referral Group which focuses solely on eye and eye-related issues including glaucoma, cataracts, ocular tumors (cancer), abnormal eyelid formation and other eye disease.
- North Carolina State University- College of Veterinary Medicine
The Veterinary teaching hospital at NC State represents the clinical teaching arm of the university's College of Veterinary Medicine. In addition to providing clinical experience to third and fourth year Veterinary Students, it provides post graduate training through internships and specialty residencies programs and also serves as a fully functioning Specialty Referral Center with 24 hour Emergency Services - accepting referrals for general practice Veterinarians throughout the state and the Southeastern region.